- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here)

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Last Saturday, my group (Hui Jia, Eileen and I) visited 2 friends, Mdm Goh and Mdm Tan. We went over some simple house chores and chatted with them for a while before ending each of their respective session. Both elderlies are bubbly and cheery which made my day and this is what I look forward to whenever there is a visit.

The visit to Mdm Tan place was more memorable. Not just because I accidentally destroyed her mop due to overexertion of strength :P ( cheese I am still guilty bout that), but also how much it lifted her mood when we are around her interacting with her. It was the kind of emotions that make our weekly visit mroe worthwhile. It is also very heartwarming to hear that neighbours has been helping out with one another when they need each other the most. Apparently, Mrs Tan was helped by the malay neighbours across her house in times of need. Now that's what I would call the Kampong spirit.
I realised that quality time has been wasted if no communication and interaction was made. This made me more motivated to do more to improve the relationships around me. Looking back, I have lost quality time and friendship because I have not followed up. The experience at Mdm Tan house has reminded me that people are not to be taken for granted and time and effort are needed to keep relationships going, so if friends suddenly receive a text from I, please do not treat me as a weirdo. With this, it is going to be the end of the year. 2013 was a great experience for me in THES and I hope it would be a better one ahead in 2014 J. Happy new year !!!
- Edwin

No comments:

Post a Comment