- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here)

Friday, November 01, 2013

Sorry for the late post!

This is my first visit! I visited Mr Tan and Mr Ong on 26,Oct. Mr Tan is a very outspoken and friendly man. He was smiling throughout the visit! When we reached Mr Tan's home, we found he was home alone. He was very happy to see us. He was in very good health condition and he told us he swept the floor every two days so he don't need us to do housework for him. I helped him to change the light bulbs and after that we sat on the floor chatting with him. He shared a lot with us about his memory of the period of Japanese occupation and his working experience when he was young. The atmosphere was relaxed.

Next we went to Mr Ong's place. He just recovered from a surgery and he told us the doctor suggested him doing another surgery for his right eye which is unable to be closed. We helped him to check his bill from the clinic as he can only read and speak in Chinese. Mr Ong loves listening to Chinese songs. So we played a few songs through our phones and sang together for him. I didn't sing because I felt so shy haha. Before we leave, we sent a few songs to his handphone and showed him how to play the songs on his phone. I should say Mr Ong's life is quite tough and his mind was not very clear. I'm a little worried.

After this visit I'm more determined that I should keep visiting the elderly regularly as their life is not easy. They need both material help and company.

Every minute I spent with them is so meaningful. Looking forward to my next visit!

Yinghao

No comments:

Post a Comment