- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here)

Friday, October 25, 2013

I visited Madam Cheng on 12/10/2013. This was my second visit. Once we reach her home, she told us to help her repair her room’s floor. There were some indentations on her floor. We helped to tap the hole by using scotch. After that, the volunteers from SMU also came to visit Madam Cheng. What an unexpected coincidence! Then, we helped to do some household chores together. We mopped the floor and wiped windows as well as cupboards. Others accompany Madam Cheng chit-chatting. Madam Cheng told us that recently she woke up quite early. She also told us to ask her out if we have any outings.

Madam Cheng speaks in Cantonese. I can understand but cannot speak. Madam Cheng told us that recently she woke up quite early. She also told us to ask her out if we have any outings. She has to sit on wheelchair. I realized it was quite troublesome to stay alone and tidy up her house.

After that, due to the absence of another beneficiary who we intended to visit initially, we went to visit Madam Khatijah. SMU students were also inside. We spent time chit-chatting with her together. I just found that she also came from Malaysia which is my hometown.


 After the visit, I realized that the life of an elderly is not easy. Although they are old and go through half of our life cycles, some of them might not gain what they have paid throughout their lives. We can find many rich businessman or those elderly that was overwhelmed with home love. However, due to some specific reasons or incidents that were heard, some of them spend most of their time alone in one-room HDB. They need our companies and ears. From this, I have learnt how to appreciate what I have possessed now and try to utilize my time to do stuffs that are more meaningful for me and those who I care. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment