- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): Third visit

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Third visit


Hello!! This is my first attempt to blog down my experience in T.H.E.S..haha..although I’m not used to blogging down my daily activities but since it’s just to share my thoughts and feel with everyone about the visit, here goes…

Today was the third time that I’m visiting T.H.E.S. Since the start of the week, I’ve been feeling quite excited and was looking forward to this visit. Haha..for me volunteering was where I could seek solace from all my assignments and deadlines. I realised that after every visit, it always sets me thinking about the purpose of why I volunteer.

Alright so I started the day by first visiting Mdm Ho. We helped to clean up her house and after that we chatted with her for her. Later she then she offered to treat us chicken rice. She passed the money to Ben and Jeremy to buy 10 packets of rice and 半只鸭..not sure if I heard clearly..I was like wah..怎么这样破费. I was like thinking in my mind..haiyo..extra money keep and 自己留着用.

So after that, we told her that we would be back later before we proceeded to meet the Mr. Tay. I dun know why whenever I tried to mention Mr. Tay to someone else..then my mind would automatically convert the “Mister” to “Uncle”..so I ended up keep saying Uncle Tay. But anyway..so we went to visit Uncle Tay next and I was quite sad to find out that his eyesight wasn’t that good..maybe it’s coz it’s my first time coming into contact with elderly like Uncle Tay. We passed him the extra newspapers and then we brought him to the downstairs coffee shop to “lim” kopi. Then I realized that the lady serving the drinks when she saw Uncle Tay, she straightaway bring over a cup of kopi added with butter..haha..this was my first time that I see someone drinking coffee with butter..then I heard he mentioned that the butter was to make his body 顺顺. I think the purpose of the butter was to rid the body of toxin or sth one..haha. Ya..so we ordered drinks as well..then Uncle Tay offered to pay for our drinks…and passed me a 2 dollar note…which I changed into 2 dollars’ worth of coins and then told him to keep the extra changes. He also said that he want to buy three packets of toilet rolls, a towel and a tin of 苏打饼. Kah Suan arrived and she played the 邓丽君’s songs to him..can tell that he really enjoyed it as he was quietly listening to the music from the handphone placed near his ear. After we chatted for a while, we brought him back to his house. Then when I first stepped into his house, the first thing I noticed was that he stocked up a lot of toilet papers in his house…till now I’m still thinking why. Oh ya..then we helped to oil his window as he said he had difficulty closing his windows. Then when oiling his windows..we noticed that there were quite a few wasp nests around the edges of his windows. Also he told us that he had knee pain at night..it’s painful that he couldn’t sleep. Then we offered to buy him the 铁打酒..he said he dun like the smell and that he rather to bear the pain then to apply it..somehow I just felt sorry for him that he had to endure the pain…I couldn’t help but wonder what will happen to me when I’m old..sigh.

I hope that after my exams I will be able to spend more time to interact with all the ah gongs and ah mas at T.H.E.S. Sometimes I think that all they want is to have somebody to chat with..I mean what you talk about isn’t important to them. As long as they know that they have company and people who actually care for them , nothing else much, they are contented already.

Newspapers for Uncle Tay!!

Listening to 邓丽君

Chit-chatting session

Testing out the newly oiled window

Yong JianJJ


No comments:

Post a Comment