- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): Mr Wong + Sing K at Uncle Lee's House

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Mr Wong + Sing K at Uncle Lee's House


Our group (me, 940 and Chun Hai) was assigned to visit Mr Wong and this was my first time to get to know that Mr Wong always doesn't want the volunteers to get into his house. We then tried to talk to him outside his house. Though he said 我不是叫你们不要来了咯, he still talked a bit when we asked him how is him recently. He said he is not good and showed us his swollen palm and I felt that he was quite emo. After a while, he "chased us away" by saying that he was going to take a nap. Though the conversation was short, it was still an improvement to let him talk to us and we actually saw his face through the half-opened door (this is considered a rare situation right?!)

We then went to Uncle Lee's house. As usual, no cleaning was needed so we just sang K!!! 940 is really awesome as she knows so many old songs + Hokkien songs! And her voice, ohhhhh so good that can go to sing 歌台 already! Hehe! Chun Hai and I also sang some songs and after that Jeremy and Benjamin came to join us as well. 冬恋、小小羊儿回家啦、吻别、玫瑰玫瑰我爱你、橄榄树、千言万语 are all those songs we sang. Btw, Uncle Lee is flying to Taiwan tonight, hope he will be having fun there!

I do really feel I have learned so much from THES, not only from the elderly but also from the awesome and enthusiastic volunteers. Frankly speaking, I felt paiseh for the first time I came back to THES after losing connection from THES for over one semester, especially when I saw all the new faces around me. But now I feel so grateful that I made the decision to come back and met all the awesome volunteers =D

Final exam is coming soon! Jiayou mugging! ;)


Candy (Pey Ee)

No comments:

Post a Comment