- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): A trip home

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A trip home

I was actually doing my assignment. I typed an url onto Google Chrome but it, by sweet mistake, brought me to http://www.thes.nus-csc.org/, which led me to our blog. Perhaps it knew I needed some love & motivation ;D

I read through the blog posts, even those that I have read a few times before. It's like an addiction, although I knew I had to move on to rush my assignment - here I am, blogging nevertheless :)

I missed last week's visit ;( It really felt very strange to not be in Geylang Bahru on a Saturday morning. It was as if I forgot to brush teeth before going out - maybe this was what mr. Stanley meant by "Volunteering is a lifestyle more than anything"! 

I'm missing our elderly... Mr Tay's priceless "Ahhhh~" upon his sips of buttercino; Uncle Lee's 恭喜发财s; the scene of Mdm Ho slapping Kaisheng and then loving him again; Mdm Tan's giggles; Mdm Cheng and her sunglasses; Mdm Cheong confessing how handsome her husband is; Mdm Chua's story about the three girls from church, that she'd re-re-re-repeat a few times;...... T.H.E. Seniors was set out to provide befriending services. But we are no catalyst. In this reaction whereby chemistry between elderly & volunteers is constantly created and strengthened, we get changed too. With every few hours of weekly visits in the company of laughter, we learn valuable lessons. We witness precious smiles and form unbreakable bonds - irregardless of generation gap, language barriers or whatsoever. 

Volunteering at T.H.E. Seniors is already not just about giving, but more of receiving (T.H.E love & T.H.E. many friendships gained!), learning, and growing as volunteers and as individuals in the society, as family members. Thank you T.H.E Seniors! ;)))

Lots of love,
940

No comments:

Post a Comment