- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here)

Thursday, April 04, 2013

Hello!!!

It has been long since I last blogged. I don't know why sometimes I will 词穷 it comes to blogging. But after reading all your post, I am so motivated to blog hahahah. So I asked Wen Hui if he can let me blog instead. So last Saturday when I went for visit, I was quite shocked to see so many new faces. I admit that I have been quite a few visits *guilty* but it is nice to see so many new volunteers who have decided to join T.H.E.S! My group consisted of Wen Hui, Hui Jia and myself and we were assigned to visit Mdm Cheong and Uncle Lee.

When we went to Mdm Cheong's house, she was having her early lunch so we waited for awhile before she opened the door for us. As compared to my first visit, now I find myself more at ease visiting Mdm Cheong. Like what Jeremy has said, she is not fierce actually, but just give a commanding feel. I still remembered my first visit to Mdm Cheong's house. I was terrified because I was told that she has a style for doing things, for example, her chairs cannot touch the metal rails of her bed etc. I remembered how gan jiong I was. I ended up making a mess the cloth near her door step when I was mopping the floor. I thought that she would never let me visit her house anymore in the future. But seems like she had forgotten about it!=) And now I feel at ease when I visit Mdm Cheong=) She is a really cute elderly whom I have alot to learn from. Her spirit of learning new things, her cheerfulness, her helpfulness and the list goes on. Last Saturday, when Wen Hui perspired like mad after cleaning the windows and chairs, she asked him to stop cleaning and take a break. Always so thoughtful and kind towards the volunteers=) She told us that her "wei" is giving her trouble. Hopefully she will feel better after seeing the doctor this week.

So after all the cleaning, she started showing us all her photos. I must say her memory is super good! She can remember who is her husband's sister's daughter's daughter. And she has quite alot of photo with her husband doing taiji. We learnt that Mdm Cheong was 20 yrs old when she met her husband and they got married after knowing each other for TWO MONTHS. No joke. She said they met at this dancing place and they had a meal together, she liked him he liked her, got married and went back to Malaysia for Chinese New Year. She said her father-in-law initially had some illness, but after their marriage he miraculously recovered! I think because people in the past believe in getting married to 冲喜。When she talks about her late husband, I can still feel her love for him. And it reminded me of this song "家後".



Thereafter, we went to visit Uncle Lee. As no cleaning was needed, we sat down to talk to him. Uncle Lee recalled how he always skipped lesson in the past to go and catch spider and they would let the spiders fight to earn money. He say only male spiders can fight well. He loved to play tikam as well. He reminded me of my childhood. When I would use chalk to draw hopscotch at my corridor of my grandparents' house and doing stupid yet fun things such as kicking my legs so hard that my slippers would fly off and sometimes the slippers would fly to 13 floors below from my grandparents house and land at the carpark. Luckily no car was damaged whenever I did that. I loved my childhood too, where technology is not as advanced. Those were the times when happiness is so simple. But now simple joy can be obtained by going for T.H.E.S. Buying the last peanut ban jian kueh from the Kallang Bahru market was the best reward after a fruitful visit=)

Ah Xian=)



No comments:

Post a Comment