- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): I thought of...

Thursday, April 04, 2013

I thought of...

It was my first time at Uncle Lin's place last year September, the horror at the amount of cleaning and the stench in the air.
My third time there, this year January. It was the same, we cleaning while he chatted to us; some of the things were even the same, the $3 radio..
He was the first ever elderly I visited and it felt so good to be back.

…..
Who was that sipping on alcohol with a cheeky smile again? I got a shock. I guess everyone knows who I’m talking about.

.....
It was my third coffee trip with Uncle Tay, he was in a sullen mood and we sang CNY songs to cheer him up.
He held our hands and thanked us, again and again, as usual.

.....
Uncle Ong is the taxi driver whom they were talking about. The one who was in an accident but who is pressing to live on just like anyone else.
His admirable spirit was contagious the first step into the house.

…..
We’d just finished cleaning Mdm Ho’s house, and looking through her photos.
As we said goodbye, she asked if she could give us each a kiss, and she did.

.....
We were having the birthday celebration at Uncle Lee's place, he was about to cry just from having everyone gathered at his place, his favourite kind of happiness, so simple.
I looked around the room, there were "Xue Ye Jin Bu"s pasted on his walls, not to forget my very big name, ahem.

…..
It was the clay-making session; Mdm Tan couldn’t see what we were making, it was so different from the first few times I went up to her house.
But she touched it – the chair we made – and exclaimed “It’s my chair!” with a huge smile.



Looking back,
Li Jia

No comments:

Post a Comment