- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): My 1st experience =)

Saturday, August 28, 2010

My 1st experience =)

Hi all, I am going to depart for my 2nd orientation of T.H.E Seniors in few hours time. So just let me briefly share about my experience during my 1st orientation last week. =)

After meeting the senior volunteers at Kallang MRT station, actually I felt kinda nervous because that was the very first time I joined home visits. However, this feeling gone off when I found that the senior volunteers are very helpful. So do not feel hesitate to join. There are always seniors to guide us. =)

So after being separated into different groups, we started the home visits. =D

We helped them to do some simple house chores, for examples sweep the floor, wipe the windows etc. As I expected to see a very very messy house, so I am quite surprised that their house were actually clean enough (cleaner than my room?) LOL.

I found Madam Chua, the 1st elderly I visited very interesting. When she answered to our door, she started to grumble, 'come so early, I want to rest' (something like that), but actually I can feel her happiness when we helped her to clean her house, and ya when we talked with her, she is warm and friendly. She even teaches us poker card divination!

This went the same for the 2nd elderly we visited. She is a senior that very easy to get along with. =) During chit chatting session, she actually told us a joke, (if I did not interpreted wrongly) and she laughed so happily that even though I cannot catch the humour in it, I still laughed from my heart. Hahahaha..

I really (I mean really really) had a wonderful day with the elderly last week. Although at first I feel very odd, do not know what should I do, but our senior volunteers guided us and make me feel belonging. Again, do not feel hesitate to join us. =)

These elderly look very okay to live alone,and they seem to be fine with their life, but somehow I feel that they just trying to be brave. So I will keep joining this activity as I feel like listening to them and keep them accompany. I thought I am the one who will brighten up their day, but actually they make my day. A smile always carve on my face whenever I think of their smile. =) I am looking forward to organize and join them for the coming mid-autumn festival!

Thank you T.H.E Seniors! =)

Cheer,
Jun

No comments:

Post a Comment