- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): Sat 28th Aug

Monday, August 30, 2010

Sat 28th Aug

It was my first trip to the T.H.E Senior at Kallang that day. My friend and I met up to join the crowd at Kallang Mrt station to be led to T.H.E Senior. Honestly, I do not know what to expect. I do not know how we are going serve the elderly. And, I am kinda worry if i can communicate well with them.

Upon arrival at the location, we were briefed on our job scope and after which we are splitted into groups according to dialect. We move on from there to visit the elderly in their one-room flat.

We started off by helping to tidy up their room. After which, we settled down and have a chat with them. As verified with the CSC seniors, the care centre at the void deck closes on weekend. Our job there is important to keep the elderly accompanied and to lend a listening ear to them. It is actually quite surprising that the elderly are opened up to us. They could talk about almost anything. It is interesting to listen to their stories and their perspective of life.

It was an enjoyable trip for me and I believe this won't be my last visit.

-derrick-

No comments:

Post a Comment