- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): Visiting on 7th August

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Visiting on 7th August

It was my first visit as I am new member of the THE Seniors. I first went to Mdm Poh’s house. She was fluent in Hokkien, Cantonese, Malay and she knows quite a bit of English. I was in charge of cleaning the windows. Within minutes, I broke the handle of the window and one of the screws dropped to the ground floor. Thankfully she wasn’t particular and she explained that it was already broken. After recovering the screw, I tried to fix it back but to no avail. We then spent the rest of the time chit chatting. She made an effort to talk to me although I was new. I guess I had already made an impression.

The next house belongs to Mdm Tan. Her house was bright, clean and tidy. I guess Mdm Tan likes to keep things in order. There wasn’t much to clean so we soon find ourselves talking to her. Looking around her house, I realized that her only form of entertainment is a radio. Furthermore, she has poor vision. One can imagine that her daily routine must be pretty mundane. Unfortunately we could not spend a longer time with her as we had to gather outside the centre.

Overall it was an enriching experience. I found it gratifying and worthwhile to have spent some time with the elderly.

Ying Cong

No comments:

Post a Comment