- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): Home visit on 26th June 2010

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Home visit on 26th June 2010

I was away for several weeks as i was busy with my special project. This is the first vist i had after such a long time. Jerome and I was late therefore we ended up helping Chen Hua to distribute rice and canned food to the residence. We don't usually get to help up with distributing of food in fact this is my first attempt. Then, we went to Mdm Poh's house to help her up with some household chores. I wasn't very fluent in Hokkein but i was able to understand some of the things she said. I helped her to clean the shelf that she is unable to reach. There is a layer of dirt accummulated on top of the shelf in the kitchen. I only managed to clean part of the shelf as we are rushing to visit another elderly's home. Before we left, Mdm Poh showed us a photo album which contains her past photos. I was amazed that she had visited Tokyo before. She is really friendly and even treated us to a drink for our hard work. We went to Mdm Tan's house and her house is really clean therefore we ended up listening and accompanying her. She told us a lot of things, her thoughts and some personal experience. She was not hopeful in relying on her children anymore but she takes every day as a day of bonus. She was very easy going with what she had. I started to realise that what she said does make sense as this happens to everyone when they grow old. Afterall she is wishing for a simple and happy life. And i believe is what most of us had wanted in the end.

Yours Sincerely,
TingTing

No comments:

Post a Comment