- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): Sight in visually impaired world

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Sight in visually impaired world

Over the weekend, I visited Mr Tay for the first time. This is the first time I interact with a visually impaired elderly. Therefore, I did not speak out a lot and let the more experienced volunteers do the interaction. While doing the usual activities, I was amaze by how Mr Tay can recount his past experience in such vivid manner that he seems to live right in the moment of his story. He also seems to find pleasure in life’s small gift. The expression of satisfactory when he drank his simple cup of coffee was priceless. It strikes me hard about how this society has become, a society that is always in a rush and does not reminisce. Mr Tay taught me to slow down the pace of life, at least for the holidays and live in every moment, what I have forgotten and relearnt from the precious gems of the society- the elderlies.

- Edwin

No comments:

Post a Comment