- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): My First Post of the Semester! :D

Sunday, December 15, 2013

My First Post of the Semester! :D

Hi everyone !:D ( hehe shall start with my opening phrase everytime )^^

This is actually my first post for this Semester! :D Suddenly got a strong surge of feelings. I guess I really learnt a lot along the way throughout this semester as I visit the elderly weekly together with other volunteers!:) I began to notice the changes in their mood and feel that I’m growing alongside them, as I spend time interacting with them each week. ^^ Even though it is the same place,­­­­­­ with the same elderly, there seems to be new lessons learnt from each visit.

My group mates for this week are Eileen ( my Life Science mate!:D) and Hazel ( my A-class bodyguard !:P) hahas. We went to Mr Lin’s house.  I saw Mr Lin early in the morning before the visit and I guess he was in great spirits as there was food being sent in bulk to the apartments in this vicinity. ^^ Perhaps to the elderly, having basic needs such as food can really make their day !:) Maybe we can learn to be contented and happy with the basic things which we have and also cherish them !^^
 
We went on to clean Mr Lin’s windows (by Hazel and Eileen who were taller ^^) and mopped the floor. A clean living environment is healthier for the elderly and I’m glad that we contribute to the cleanliness of the elderly’ house every week. After cleaning the house, one of the things which Mr Lin shared is that TV can let us know more about other places in the world which we can’t go or can’t afford to go to. Even though most of the elderly may not know how to utilise the Internet, it’s great that we still have ---the TV!^^,  to let them get in touch with, or at least know more about the rest of the world. :D

Next, we moved on to Mr Chua’s house!:) However, no one answered the door. Mr Chua is our new beneficiary and I really looked forward to visit him and have fun interacting with him! ^^ We’ve not had a chance to visit him since the exam period and I hope that he’ll be at home for the next visit!:) Eileen was sharp to notice that Mr Chua’s bamboo pole holder has no caps on and suggested providing caps lest it became a breeding site for mosquitos. ^^ Sometimes we just have to pay attention to small details around us and maybe we can do little things which makes other people’s lives happier and better! :)

Having some time left, we went to find Mr Tay!:D It really feels great to see him yesterday as Mr Tay’s has become less depressed as compared to the time when I first joined T.H.E.Seniors!:D:D Seeing the change in him really made me happier. ^^ This shows that we can be happier and more optimistic if we are willing to, and bring joy to the people around us at the same time!:D Although there may be times when we may be depressed, it’ll be over soon as long as we’re willing to look on the bright side, like Mr Tay. :D Maybe this is how we can grow together with the elderly, as we experience each and every visit with them and learn something new. ^^

I hope that more elderly will be happier with volunteer’s accompaniment and may our simple acts bring them joy each week !:D :D


-Kah Suan J

No comments:

Post a Comment