- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): a blogpost about a blog

Sunday, December 29, 2013

a blogpost about a blog

I have a weakness for quotes, short stories, reflections. in this blog, i have found some beautiful ones. this place used to be my favourite website every two weeks, when i eagerly await new posts about our awesome friends, from our awesome friends.  i havent been diligently reading blogposts for about half a year already, so i decided to do so earlier on. 

boy was i not the least disappointed. thank you all for sharing your views and thoughts and i hope that more will continue to write here, read here. just like to share some of my favourites from you guys in this half a year.

Love, Kai Him, the graduated one.



But on retrospect, while we joked with her and made her laugh, I realize I had also really enjoyed myself that morning. I don't know if it was the knife and needles she keeps wrap in old calender papers, or her cute electronic lantern she hangs by the cupboard, but I know I left feeling especially light-hearted that day.  
Jasmine, on Mdm Cheong

He also seems to find pleasure in life’s small gift. The expression of satisfactory when he drank his simple cup of coffee was priceless. It strikes me hard about how this society has become, a society that is always in a rush and does not reminisce. Mr Tay taught me to slow down the pace of life, at least for the holidays and live in every moment, what I have forgotten and relearnt from the precious gems of the society- the elderlies. 
Edwin, on Mr Tay

On the whole, we managed to cheer her up quite a bit, though the process of saying goodbye was a little heart-achey. 
Sofina, on Mdm Tan

Hearing him share about some of the things he talked about had this "calming effect" within me and although I didn't really talk to him much as I was a newcomer, I really enjoyed listening to him and I thought I could just sit there for hours just to listen to some of the things that he had to talked about. 
Gary, on Mr Lin

Every Saturday spent with the elderly is a constant reminder of how incredibly gratifying it can be, that a single individual’s dedication at a discrete point in time can have such a simple, direct impact on someone. And I am more than glad to be that vessel.
Victoria 

Every elderly I have visited so far provides us with new perspectives and often show concern towards volunteers, even for new volunteers like us. 
Jiamin

It was very heartening when she tried to involve the new people in the group. She also made very specific references to many people from the CSC bunch, and how they were doing. I can tell that the CSC community has made a real difference in her life, and continue to be a part of her life and social circle. Another interesting thing was her ability to remember details despite her being old, and being able to recall who did what. The CSC people have also treated her like their own "mentor"(for lack of a better word) and have also somehow kept her in the loop of the things happening in their lives. 
- Yuanjie, on Mdm Ho

Visiting the elderly that day really made me remember my grandparents a lot. They used to tell me their childhood stories just like Mdm. Cheung and Mdm. Wong did. I come from a Cantonese-speaking family, so it really made me felt at home speaking to Mdm. Cheung and Mdm Wong in Cantonese. 

The end of the visit made me reflect a lot on how simple gestures like a greeting could brighten up someone's day; at the same time make oneself feel appreciated by how he/she has made a difference to someone's life, no matter how small. I hope Mdm. Tan had as much fun as we did. I believe the inspiration we got from her - seeing how contented and cheerful she is even at this ripen age - was more than what we could've asked for. 
Joelle, on Mdm Tan

We wondered why he wanted such a cup of coffee every week; he said that it simply made him feel well. We might need something expensive or nice to satisfy our demands, but a cup of hot coffee gave warmth to Mr Tay. Simple makes happiness too, however, most of us do not always realize and appreciate that. 
- Lee Chin, Ming Dei, on Mr Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment