- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here)

Sunday, October 06, 2013

It was my second visit on 28th September the previous Saturday.

Madam Cheong is a very spontaneous lady. Initially, I had expected her to be resistant to the idea of playing word riddles with us (one of our 'missions' for the day). But she played along and even taught us Taiji as our penalties. However, she got a little agitated when her neighbour, Uncle Tay was not in his apartment (later we found out that his friend had brought him out without notifying the centre). That spoiled her mood for the games so we started doing housework instead. While mopping the floor and cleaning the windows, she would ask after us, and tell us how she learnt Chinese (from television dramas). She even spelled out her name in English for us.

She really cheered up a lot when some of the seniors came over to visit her. She bantered with them and it was really heartwarming to see how much cheer and laughter we can potentially bring to her. But on retrospect, while we joked with her and made her laugh, I realize I had also really enjoyed myself that morning. I don't know if it was the knife and needles she keeps wrap in old calender papers, or her cute electronic lantern she hangs by the cupboard, but I know I left feeling especially light-hearted that day.

I can't wait to see her and the other elderly again(:

Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment