- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): Story behind the feeling

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Story behind the feeling


Hi, sorry for the late post for my experience of my first ever voluntary activity in university. It was a fruitful and fresh experience for me as a new comer, although I am already a year 3 student.@@
I went to the gathering place with great expectation. After a short briefing and group allocation, we started our visit to Mr. Tan house. Unfortunately, he was not around, so we went to Mdm Ho house directly. Mdm Ho was resting when we arrived at her house, but she still gave a warm welcome to us. As she spoke Hokkien more frequent the whole time, I tried my best to understand what she was speaking as I am pretty weak in Hokkien. However, when she spoke Chinese to me after she knew I was struggling in speaking Hokkien, I felt pleased and comfortable in communicating with her, especially she also spoke Malay which made me feel like I am home.
Firstly, we help her with a quick sort out, sweeping, changing bed sheet etc. Next, we started to introduce ourselves to her and made our first contact. She shared many of her experiences and some interesting stories of her. Also, she liked to joke with us around, making us felt the warmth and the confidence in interacting with her. In our conversation, she showed positive thoughts and her story of life, which was gorgeous and meaningful. Thus, we have a great afternoon in sharing our thoughts.
Throughout the whole interaction with Mdm Ho, I could feel the loneliness she had had long time. She lived alone after her husband passed away, but hopefully her relatives still have contact with her. Even she was cheerful and energized, she did not reflect her true feeling in front of us. Concern and caring were the only things she wanted.  I can feel the satisfactory of her even we just had a short interaction with her. Therefore, I swear to myself, I would never abandon my parents no matter how old they have become, as I cannot endure the way she bear her feeling and loneliness all the time.
It was an enjoyable weekend that make my day and I am looking forward for the next visit in future.

MingHui



No comments:

Post a Comment