- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): A Memorable Experience!

Saturday, September 07, 2013

A Memorable Experience!


Hello everybody! This was my first visit with the T.H.E Seniors. We visited Mdm. Cheung and Mdm. Wong during this visit
.
We first visited Mdm. Cheung. When she saw us, she happily opened the door and welcomed us into her house. We first helped her to clean her house. We divided ourselves into groups to help her clean the windows, the floor, the washroom and the fans. After cleaning for a while, we all started to chat comfortably. She even insisted that she helped with the housework. Seeing her walking around to help us, I find that she is really healthy at 81 years old. After we were done with the housework, we all sat together and Mdm. Cheung started to tell us a lot of interesting stories. We got to listen to many of the events that occurred when she was a young lady. She is very friendly and chatty. She even showed us many pictures that she took in the past. Throughout the whole visit, she had always been smiling, making me think that she must be a very positive and bubbly person.

The next stop, we visited Mdm. Wong. She also welcomed us with a bright smile. When we went into her house, I find that her house was so clean. Everything was put properly at its own place. At that moment, I felt really guilty that I have a really messy room. Haha. We then sat down and chatted with her. She started opening up to us and told a lot of interesting stuff as well. She told us that she is a very picky eater and that she does not like lontong. She also told us about her knee pain. Throughout our visit in her house, she was in a good mood. I could see that she tried to make us feel at home. 

Visiting the elderly that day really made me remember my grandparents a lot. They used to tell me their childhood stories just like Mdm. Cheung and Mdm. Wong did. I come from a Cantonese-speaking family, so it really made me felt at home speaking to Mdm. Cheung and Mdm Wong in Cantonese. It was a memorable experience visiting the elderly this time. I hope that I can do it more often in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment