- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here)

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The elderly who live independently are lonely. I am appreciated by the chance given to visit, understand and show concern for them. They would love to have people to be accompanied and talk to, even though they may not have said it out. There must be some times we have to take the initiative to start a conversation with the elderly.

It is a disadvantage for me as I am not proficient in Cantonese, and as a result, I cannot communicate effectively with Madam Ong. Fortunately, Madam Ong is able to speak a bit of Chinese and very understanding. I am impressed by her because she has vivid memories about her past when flipping through the old photos; this makes me think of my great grandmother. Uncle Wong looks lovely when he is learning how to take videos by using his mobile phone. It is a bit difficult for him, yet he is never giving up learning.

T.H.E Seniors is different from some clubs that I have joined before. It emphasizes the interaction with the elderly. I will learn to be more patient and observe their expression while talking to them, and I hope smiling can brighten their days too. =D

Newcomer,
Lee Chin 


No comments:

Post a Comment