- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): Sour Sweet Bitter Spicy

Sunday, June 09, 2013

Sour Sweet Bitter Spicy

Only managed to drop by last week's visit for less than hour, but I've much to share! :)

This period I was actly weighed down by some personal matters, but I pushed them to the back of my head as I entered mdm Ho's house. Mdm Cheong was there too, together with bags of groceries and bread etc. I sat down and watch as they carried on chatting. Suddenly mdm Cheong's hand was fiddling with something at the edge of the table. It took her some time to realise it was actually mdm Ho's toes. All of us burst into laughter, (with mdm Cheong's tummy bouncing up and down as she was laughing so hard!) It felt like all my troubles were gone, and my heart just felt so light. So happy, so healing, so T.H.E.rapeutic :'D

At the void deck, Theresa, an auntie who was in my group during major outing, walked up to me and said Hi! So nice of her to still rmb my pretty fa...... okay, my face, even though the outing was only for a few hours and was more than a week ago. We chatted about her children and grandchildren, all of whom she seemed to be very proud of. She asked about her major outing partner, James, and said she hopes to see him again (*Shouts out to James*)

I tagged along the group going to Mr Chiu's house. This is the first time I'm seeing him after a reallyyyyyyy loooooonggg time. I was shocked to see for myself that he really lost so much weight... And his movement and speech also seemed to be slower than before. I could tell he was saddened by these losses and the need for so much medication. It was really heartbreaking. I rmb when I first joined, I visited Mr Chiu. He was very active and cheerful. He was the one who gave us lots of ideas for major outing venues because he loves to travel around, going on different adventures by himself. But now he said going out would be very troublesome already, with the tongkat etc. Being in T.H.E.S. for only less than 2 years but I've witness how some of our elderly are becoming more frail. There's no way we can restore their physical health, except for encouraging simple exercises to keep them fit (just like mr tay who told us he does exercises at home!)... But what's really important is that here we are, walking with them as they confront gradual losses in health and mobility. We are here to let them know that they are not alone, to provide them with the emotional support and T.H.E. love ;)

Thank you T.H.E. Seniors for all these moments so close to heart!

Muacks,
940

No comments:

Post a Comment