- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): 8 June Visit

Sunday, June 09, 2013

8 June Visit


6 Months have passed since I joined T.H.E.seniors. In this 6 months, I have gained so much, seen so much, and experienced so much. I've gained close friends (yes, i am referring to u, criss and yongjian), seen people's capacity to love and give, experienced the organization of events that are both meaningful for the organizers and participants (i.e. T.H.E.seniors outing!). Slowly and surely, I am also exploring other aspects of CSC (E10, project C.A.N, etc...), and through these activities, I have learned so much as well. 

But no matter how far i branch out to other activities and volunteering programs, T.H.E.seniors will forever be that first family I have... the one that nurtured my empathy towards others, conditioned my skills in volunteering, and gave me my first group of amazing friends outside of academic life. 

And today, I've returned to the tranquility of kallang bahru after a few weeks of hectic schedule. My group only went to visit Madam Khatijah. I hope to visit her as much as possible before her operation on the 24th June this month. While she was bubbly as usual during our chit-chatting session today, she was also worried about the upcoming operation for fear of the pain and discomfort that comes with it. She is also worried about being lonely after the operation as she has to be hospitalized for a month. We assured her that we will visit her in the hospital as often as we can!


Last week was her birthday! As there was no blog posts on it from last week, here are some photos from the mini-celebration that we had for her:




On a side note, I particularly like this photo that Jeremy took of Mr Tay and Kah Suan today.


Quoting Jeremy, "here's a glimpse of why you do Mysterious Journey in E10The things you're doing now is for a greater purpose."


Cheers,
Tan Xuan Kai

No comments:

Post a Comment