- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): 陪着他们长大、变老

Saturday, June 01, 2013

陪着他们长大、变老

Of ghost stories and warm fuzzy feelings

-------

Before the visit, Huijia and I went to do facilitation at Blk61 while Joleen and Kiah Yeen went to Blk62. Went to Mr Wong’s place first and he was very chatty! Although we stood by the gate to talk to him, our conversation lasted for 20min! I asked him if his hand was still swollen and he said the swelling just switched from left to right hand. However, he refused to apply the cream he got from the doctor because he believes that the swelling is internal, and the cream is for external conditions like mosquito bites. We asked him if it was allergy, and he said it can’t be because he usually just eat chicken thigh. He went on to tell us that he had experienced lots of unusual events before, and I guess this swelling is also like an unusual event for him.

所谓unusual, 其实就是灵异。

He said he frequently stay at TTSH and have witnessed or heard his ward mates talk about seeing such stuff. There were 3 incidents…
Due to his sleeping habits, he is usually wide awake at night. At 2+am, he kept hearing the toilet tap dripping water and since the tap is the press down kind, it can’t be that people didn’t turn the knob tight enough. So he got up and went to press on the tap that is dripping water! On seeing the dripping water, he got frustrated and went “knnbccb 为什么这个水一直滴不停 (in hokkien)” and strange enough, the dripping stopped! :O
Then there was this other time his ward mate told him there is this beautiful “woman” with long hair that will come look for him at 2+am and chat with him and that “woman” said she will be back the next night too. So the ward mate was very scared and asked if Mr Wong could sleep beside him and Mr Wong agreed. The next night, the “woman” really came! The ward mate told Mr Wong that she was approaching the bed already and GUESS WHAT MR WONG DID?!?!?!

He went to GRAB . THE . GHOST.!!!!!

 I said “Wah Mr Wong you not scared of it still dare to touch?!” and he said “what is there to be scared! Also cannot see it!”

我原本以为人类会对看不见或未知的事物,例如黑暗、病毒、未来,等之类的感到害怕,但他却那么有勇气。

仔细想想,不管是看得见或看不见的,战胜一切的唯一方法,不就是要勇敢面对吗?

.

Back to talking about the visits!

My group consist of Joleen, Kiahyeen, Weilie and myself. We first went to visit Mdm Tan, followed by Mdm Cheng, Mr Chiu and Mdm Cheong.

Mdm Tan was seems really cheerful and happy that day. She said her daughter just came to visit her and bought a lot of stuff for her. She said the carrots were very ‘pretty’ and can use to cook soup. We learnt how she cooks even though she couldn’t see, and I still found it dangerous that she feels her way through the pots and knife and what not. Then she told us about her back ache and I gave her a massage! Her shoulder muscles are quite hard and when I was massaging for her I could feel that her right shoulder was slightly higher than the left, but I’m not sure if it is swollen or not. Although I could tell that she still wants to talk, we had no choice but to leave because we had 3 houses to clean.

We went to look for Mr Chiu but he was taking a poop! Hahaha super cute because after we knocked on the door for awhile he said he opened the door a bit and said he was pooping halfway and I could see that he had a cigarette in his mouth xD so we told him we would go to another place first then go back to look for him!

Mdm Cheng’s place was quite dusty as usual and we all split up to help her clean her place. Stuck the cellophane paper up too! Told her about the upcoming dumpling festival in june and guess what, she promised me that she will go! :D I still remember last time she said she didn’t like to attend the celebrations because she prefer to be in a quiet environment by herself and therefore didn’t join us for the previous renri celebration. So happy that she agreed to go! :D :D I asked her about her blood pressure and she told me while she was staying at Renci the doctor told her she didn’t have any hbp but the clinic doctor said she still has! She says it probably varies with mood but I’m not too sure about how that works or if hbp is something that can fluctuate :x

Next we went back to Mr Chiu’s place! I haven’t visited him for a reaaally long time and I was really eager to meet him! When I first stepped into his house, I was shocked to see the condition of his house. The floor was full of food crumbs, plastics, and dust bunnies. There were around 3 houseflies flying around the newspaper pile. My heart sank when I saw Mr Chiu. He became really small sized – much smaller than he used to be. He was wearing pampers due to his condition and he told me he couldn’t bend down to clean his place even though he wanted to. He no longer sat at his usual place by the table reading the papers. I just felt like… he had really aged. The fact that amidst this condition, he was still able to joke about his smoking makes me have this warm fuzzy feeling in me.

原来勇气只是一部分。最后的赢家,是笑到最后的那个。不管遇到什么事,都要笑着勇敢面对 (:

We only managed to clean up his place a bit and I think his toilet and kitchen needs some scrubbing, so the next group that visit his place, please prepare!

Ended the visit at 1.25pm, but then I received a text from Jocelyn asking me to visit Mdm Cheong so I went up with weilie because Joleen and Kiahyeen had to leave. Apparently, the group that was supposed to visit her had missed her out and she was waiting the whole time because I told her during facilitation that there are people coming. When we arrived, she was with another elderly. She seems quite disappointed/angry that we had “forgotten” about her but of course I assured her that we didn’t! I quickly helped her mopped the floor while weilie cleaned the windows. Then we started chatting and she said that recently her legs are getting weaker and she constantly needs rest. She asked if the major outing venue has chairs and told me if it doesn’t, she don’t want to go. She seems really tired and more disoriented than usual and it really pains me to see her like that ): I know that she too, like Mr Chiu, is aging…


In the end we only managed to spend 30min with her because we didn’t want to keep the other groups downstairs waiting. I told her to rest more and assured her that I will bring chairs specially for her to major outing so she doesn’t need to worry about her legs becoming weaker! 

Got no group picture to end off this post, so I shall let music do the talking! 


Love,
Camy 

No comments:

Post a Comment