- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): Visit with Mdm Chow:)

Monday, May 13, 2013

Visit with Mdm Chow:)


Yo everyone!! :))

Hahah..I wanted to start by recounting this is my number what visit…but then I suddenly lost count of it..lol. Felt so happy to see so many volunteers coming down to accompany the elderly on a Saturday..woohoo.

My group consisted of Ben, Li Jia and me! When we reached Mdm Chow’s flat..we saw that she was sleeping. We called her like 2 or 3 times but there was no reply. Then Ben yelled “MDM CHOW”..she instantly woke up hahah.

I offered to help her mop the floor but she said no need coz the floor is quite clean. So we sat down and chit-chatted with her. She told us that she's 93 years old…I was thinking wah..the three of our ages plus together also cannot match with her. We saw two pots of cacti and asked her how long she spent growing them. She told us she can’t remember alr..but it’s very long. Then we started to talk about what she does during her free time. She told us that during her free time she would either watch tv or look at the people downstairs.

Anyway I buay tahan alr..I said I will help her to mop the floor..she replied it’s quite clean but if you want to mop then let you mop. Somehow felt that sth is missing if I dun do housework during each visit..hahah. Yeah..then I mopped liao..i saw the water black black one..the floor where gt clean sia.

Then hor..I saw the pom pom on the chair..I took and fiddled ard with it. Trying to be funny..i used the pom pom as a wig and placed it on my head. Hahah..immediately..Mdm Chow and everyone started to burst into laughter..I’m so glad that I’m able to make her laugh. Hahah..then we had a photo-taking session with Mdm Chow before we bade farewell to her. I see she like a bit disappointed that we were leaving so soon…she looked at us through her metal door grids till we were out of sight..wished I was able to stay a little bit longer.

When we reached downstairs, Ben suggested that we try to look up to see if we can spot Mdm Chow. Hahah..coincidentally when we looked up, we saw Mdm Chow..she waved to us and we waved back. Somehow I got the feeling that she was looking out of her window in hope of catching a glimpse of us after we left.

Every visit always left me with a lot of things to think about…haha..which I think is a good thing.

Anyway..here are some photos that we took!!
Group photo with Mdm Chow
Mdm Chow making a victory sign
Pom Pom Wig
Individual shots with Mdm Chow!!:))

 
And finally...
 
Sumptuous and mouth-watering chicken rice that's bound to make you satisfied and craving for more!!:)
 

Every day may not be good. But there is something good in every day!!


Treasure all your love ones and Happy Mother’s Day!!:)


Yong Jian :))


No comments:

Post a Comment