- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): Visit to Mr Ong's Place

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Visit to Mr Ong's Place


Hi Everyone! Tammie here and thank you for taking the time to read through my reflection! (WARNING: It’s going to be a LOOOONNNG one)

This is my first time volunteering with T.H.E. Seniors and I had a very fun and fulfilling time interacting with Mr. Ong. (From block 61) Before the start of the visit, I was initially worried because of my half-past-six spoken Chinese! But 5 minutes into the visit, I was relieved that communication would not be a problem! HOORAYY!! I am also thankful for all the help received from Joscelin and Shu Rui!!! They have been extremely patient in answering all my incessant questions. HAHAHAHAHA!

Mr. Ong was initially shy at first when we stepped into his flat. He offered us a seat on his sofa while while he chose to sit on a plastic chair. We explained to Mr. Ong that he should sit on the sofa so that he can watch his TV but he was adamant about it and so we finally relented to sitting on the sofa. Mr. Ong was excited to tell us about the date of his second operation which would be at the end of the month as his first face lifting operation was a success. He is extremely happy now that he is able to see so much clearer than before although he had some reservations prior to the operation. He says that with the second operation, he will be able to look more handsome. Hahaha!

I had fun during the 2 hour plus of chitchat with Mr Ong and I felt excited and happy during the whole two hours. I am glad that Mr. Ong did not treat me as a stranger although it is my first time visiting him. He shared with us his interest, which includes watching Teochew opera as well as his love for karaoke videos. Mr. Ong was exceptionally excited when he told us about his new Television set and DVD player. Mr Ong currently only has one Hokkien Karaoke songs DVD and so he is looking forward to the shopping trip with his friend to Sungei Road where he can purchase more Karaoke VCDs/DVDs. We told Mr. Ong that we would help him ask around to see if our friends have any old VCDs/DVDs that they wish to give away. So, we would like to appeal to all to keep a look out for any oldies/chinese opera/ Karaoke VCDs/DVDs that we can give to Mr. Ong! He initially said that he doesn’t really have any preference but after much probing, he added that he is interested in Karaoke CDs as well as Teochew opera CDs! Do keep a look out for Mr. Ong!! Thanks everyone!!

I am extremely delighted to have the chance to participate in this visit together with T.H.E.Seniors and I had fun throughout the interaction. From exploring on how to tune the TV to taking photos with Mr. Ong, everything is new and exciting and I felt extremely privileges to be given this opportunity to participate in this visit! My first visit together with Joscelin and Shu Rui had been a memorable one so now I can say that it will not be my last visit!!

Thank you for taking time to read my LONNNGGGGGG Reflection!! And its now time for Photos!!! (Pardon the lousy 自拍 shots because my arms are simply too short!)

Xoxo,
Tammie :D :D

First Shot! Hahaha! :D

3,2,1 Say Cheese!!!!! Teaching Mr Ong the art of "peace-ing"



No comments:

Post a Comment