- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): Fate brought me back

Sunday, March 03, 2013

Fate brought me back

What’s so difficult about writing a blog post? All I’ve got to do is take 26 alphabets and rearrange them in chunks.

The inertia comes when you’ve got to really sit down and reflect upon your experience, make sense of your emotions and translate your web of feelings into words. I’ve always believed that introspection makes one grow, and I sure hope that I do express my thoughts accurately.

Was supposed to write this blog post regarding my visit to Mr Tan’s place from a long time ago, but I decided that since fate has brought me back to visit Mr Tan today, I shall write a combo blog post! :D

A few weeks back, we had two new volunteers – Su suan and Eyu – visiting Mr Tan with me and Yulin. Mrs Tan wasn’t around, and Mr Tan was watching TV (as usual). There were not much house chores to do at his place except for cleaning of windows so the new volunteers went to clean them while yulin and I went on with the CNY decorations. Mr Tan did not participate in the drawing but he would look from where he is and tell me which direction I should draw my snake, like a teacher. When we are done drawing, he even offered his small pair of scissors for us to use. After we were done with the snakes, I tried making mandarin oranges with angbaos and although they ended up being a pseudo orange, Mr Tan still accepted it and placed it on his TV!
 The pseudo orange-turn-rabbit that Mr Tan still accepted (':
 The bunch of us :D
You see this picture, Mr Tan is so tired he dozed off while taking only two shots! He must be feeling so tired that day but he still let us in to visit him, willing to sacrifice his rest time...

This week, Jeremy, woonyong, joleen, peiyu and I went to visit Mr Tan and we made clay rabbit, dolphin and flowers for him! Again, he sat there watching TV while the volunteers did the art, occasionally he will look at what we are doing and give his own inputs.
 A picture of the dolphins I made! I leave the rabbit and flower picture for this week's blogger to post (:

You know, I really appreciate Mr Tan for being so accepting of us. He seldom rejects us when we visit unless he is feeling really sick and needs to rest or when needs to go out; and he always allow us to do whatever we want to do, be it craftwork or taking photos or videos. He is really chatty and will strike up a conversation about the shows he is watching/have watched previously or about politics (yes, he love talking about political leaders!). Even though he is old, he still keeps himself updated with the latest news, which I think is very admirable! He is also mentally strong and so full of energy to live on! Although he doesn’t display it explicitly, I can feel it from the little things that he does! For example, when his house was fraught with bedbugs issue early last year,  he tried ways and means to get rid of them himself – wrapping up his black furniture with white paper and scotchtape, buying bedbug solution, replacing his mattress, etc – he really did his best to ensure his own house is taken care of! Maybe this is why there is often not much housework to do at his place, because both Mr & Mrs Tan will ensure that they take care of what is important to them. Which makes me wonder, are we taking care of what is important to us?

Did you know?
– Mdm Cheng was hospitalized last week
–  Mr Chiu was hospitalized (again) 2 weeks ago
–  Mdm Lim still at RenCi (about a month already)

有空去探望他们吧~ (:

wlove,
Camy


No comments:

Post a Comment