- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): 大家团团圆圆!

Sunday, December 23, 2012

大家团团圆圆!

Yo yo it's me again hahaha. After a 2 week hiatus after the exams I'm finally back at Kallang Bahru visiting our lovely elderly. Felt great to be back!

Yesterday's visit was one day after (冬至) winter solstice, and we had missions again! This time the mission was simple: to knead and make 汤圆s for the elderly in their homes. Had to wake up earlier to prepare everything that was needed for the mission. Very thankful that my mother guided me and helped me knead some of the dough!

My group consisting of Yu Lin, Jeraldine, Kok Seng and myself first visited Mr Tan. Mrs Tan wasn't around and he was watching TV shows on Channel U. We did not make the 汤圆s for him as he had eaten some the day before. Nonetheless we gave him the set of dough so that Mrs Tan can prepare some if they feel like eating them. 

We sat and watched the shows with Mr Tan. The first show was a variety show filmed by a China broadcaster, featuring 房祖名, Jackie Chan's son, and we made fun of how their noses looked alike hahaha. Up next was a documentary about wild encounters.

It was watching TV with Mr Tan when I experienced his legendary wisdom first hand. We chatted when it was the commercial breaks and we could almost talk about anything under the sky related to the shows or the advertisements. When the documentary showed how a group of rescuers saved a dog from a shipwreck, and it reminded us of the movie Life of Pi, Mr Tan knew about the production and stuff. So next time we can get him the DVD and watch together!

My group then visited Mdm Tan. We did some chores for her, then we began making 汤圆's!


Kok Seng is a big fan of Mdm Tan

All rolling the 汤圆s!

Jeraldine Kneading hard

Mdm Tan rolls some too!

Negative demonstration: always lay the 汤圆s on a flat surface

Always smiling :) In fact, she always have that cute giggle and joins in our laughter although she has no idea what we're laughing about XD

Behold the 汤圆s!

:D

All happy! 团团圆圆 :D

Was quite careless when I spoke to Mdm Tan yesterday. When she asked about the Major Outing, I asked her, without thinking, why she did not go. I have forgotten that she couldn't see well, so she dared not travel outside. And I uploaded the photos with her unit number without checking, which I have already rectified (spot the photoshop haha). I have to constantly remind myself to be mindful when I speak, don't 讲话不经过大脑.

After debrief, we went to Uncle Lee's place for lunch. He had prepared super duper awesome fried noodles with sardine, and I asked him to be my 师傅 hahaha. I didn't take photos because I was in the kitchen preparing more 汤圆s (at one instant I added too much water and I had to run to fairprice to get more flour :X). Hopefully you guys will see the photos on facebook or in this blog soon :)

We had a karaoke session after lunch at Uncle Lee's place! Proud of the mike I gave him heh. Almost everyone sang a song, so next time we hope to see more people singing and bringing some karaoke vcds!

I sang this:



To end off, I really enjoyed myself and loved everything about yesterday's visit. It really felt great to see the elderly again after a long while, especially after Major Outing. It was a simple affair: watching TV with Mr Tan; making 汤圆s with Mdm Tan; and singing at Uncle Lee's place, but I believe there's always something to take home (not 汤圆s) after the visits.

简单就是幸福; 幸福可以很简单 :)

本大爷 上
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment