- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): 22 December Official Visit

Saturday, December 22, 2012

22 December Official Visit

Hi all, I have never blogged before. I even had problems navigating the blog account. The only writing style I know is university academic style and research reports. So much apologies if this entry sounds serious or accidentally ends off with a reference list. Haha.

And so I had my second elderly house visit today. After meeting Mdm Cheng and Mr Tay, known for his butter+kopi (see Kah Suan, 2012), in my first visit, I got to know more elderly today. We helped to clean up and do some chores in the first unit we visited, and also cooked some tang yuan for the elderly. Was glad that he liked it. We then went to the second unit, Mr Ong, and it was apparently the first time T.H.E Seniors visited him. He just came back from a 11-month hospital stay due to a surgery to remove a tumor. Unlike the first unit, Mr Ong's house was sparkling clean. We also cooked tang yuan for him. He said it was nice. I tasted it, it was horrible. I was appalled at our own cooking. Haha. I think the elderly found it nice not because of the taste, but because of our effort in cooking them and he didn't want us to feel bad. 

After the house visits, the whole group went up to Mr Lee's house for a mini gathering and some lunch that he prepared. It was nice chit-chatting, joking and having fun with the group, and I'm very sure Mr Lee was happy to have all of us in the house for merry-making, tang yuan cooking and noodle-eating. Pity I didn't get to hear his (in)famous karaoke singing. Maybe next time.

Cheers,
Tan Xuan Kai


Reference List:
Kah Suan (2012). 8 Dec's visit to Mdm Chow Moi and Mr Tay. http://thes.nus-csc.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment