- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here)

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Good Morning!

How are you? Having backache? Insomnia last night? What we experience are just short moments of our life. However, when we age these nightmare will haunt us every night. 

Today was the day that everyone look forward for both volunteers and seniors. A short two hour thing is something that we all can do to change one live. It is my first visit for Mr Tay and as usual my regular visit to Mdm Ho.

First we went to Mdm Ho's house. When we went in Mdm Ho look so happy. Why? Anyone can make a guess?..... The legendary visitor (Ah Hua) came. My first time meeting him! I wonder if I can make such commitments like him next time? I believe this will be the test for us to REDISCOVER our purpose of volunteering.

This is the first time, for me, Mdm Ho changing her curtains. It is quite a difficult task if you do not have the skills and patience. However, of course, all of us do! yay! =D 

Changing Curtains
Jocelyn first try with curtain pins


While finding more curtain pins this is what i found... Pretty right?

Shortly after every thing is done Ah hua and Ah Lim went over to Mdm Cheong's House (as instructed, if you know what I mean haha). As there is still time, we stayed with Mdm Ho to chit chat again. I believe that due to visiting Mdm Ho every week, the topic differs from the first few visits. Historical stories no longer fills the air, instead we were talking about the moments that we share! The memorable moments that Kaisheng (:P) has given, the joy that all volunteers gave, lots of interesting moments! I believe this is the power of touching one's life. Agree?

After some moment, a bit random, Mdm Ho ask if we want to play "DUM" (chess in general). At first, I thought was a game called "DUM", the red and black chess, and wanted to play with Mdm Ho. In the end, it was chinese chess! LOL (Play chinese chess!). As it is hard to play chess with Mdm Ho, and cannot reject her kind offer, we played for her to see. It was Team Felicia VS Team Jocelyn + me, as felicia say she knows how to play. As felicia is better, Mdm Ho was our adviser! We enjoyed the game!

Felicia thinking hard!
Guess who won?

Next up...my first visit to Mr Tay's house!!
Today as we went a bit later then usual, Mr Tay was asleep when we arrive. However, when we call for him, something really touch me! He open the door with a big smile!! He said "I am so happy to hear that you came, I thought I need to wait for another week." Once again, a second touch for today!

When I went in his home, I was like WOW!!! Though being visually impaired but yet this house is neat and tidy! As per norm, he offered drinks and bread to us, and then he quickly change into his neat clothes and ....ready to go!

No Butter, 1 butter and 3 butter (top)!
The lim-kopi session was so exciting as it was the first time i try coffee with butter (but 1 slice). The taste was not as bad as i thought, in actual fact, I quite like it, thinking of upgrading to 2 or 3 slices on the next visit.

Hearing much about him, made Jocelyn and I very curious that we never stop popping questions about Mr Tay's stories. He was so happy to share his whole life experience. In between he taught us a lot of his life lessons and advise us not to take his path. We should not blind ourselves with things that we will repent for life later.

Lim-Kopi!!

Jocelyn having his first session with Mr Tay!
Stories behind a cup of butter-ed coffee
There were many touching moments just during a short coffee session. One cup of coffee to bring you through 80+ years of stories! <3 all="all" for="for" forward="forward" look="look" next="next" p="p" s="s" that="that" to="to" today="today" week="week">

Woon Yong



No comments:

Post a Comment