- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): 26/12/2009 X'mas Celebration

Monday, December 28, 2009

26/12/2009 X'mas Celebration

On saturday we attended an x’mas celebration at THE Seniors. It was my first time there so I didn’t really know what to expect. However, when you see party hats and a very handsome Santa Claus, you know its going to be simply awesome.

Not long after we reached, the elderly started to arrive. I sat with Kam Por, a spritely lady who was more than three times my age and yet much livelier than me. After a round of introductions, the games began, the first of which was Bingo. I started to explain to Kam Por how the game worked, but she assured me that she was very familiar with it, having played it a lot of times and even won a sack of rice previously. Of course, she added, nothing beats winning 4D. Both rounds went by and twice Kam Por was only short of one letter to win. However, she was still having fun and cheering loudly for the winners.

Next was a wrapping game where Mr Tan and Zur represented our group. Kam Por was not involved so we just sat and watched as she gave a running commentary on the finer details of gift wrapping, having also done it before at the CC.

The next game was a pass the parcel game which also didn’t require much explanation. I guess as you get older and gain more experience, nothing is new to you anymore. However, old games can still be fun, especially with gifts and forfeits. Kam Por took centre stage when Jian Hao did a dance with her as a forfeit. There was a strange sudden silence as jealously radiated from all the girls in the room, both young and old. I had to run outside on pretext of going to the toilet to escape the repressing aura. Personally, if I ever lived to be 88 and got to dance with a 20 year old girl, I would probably die happy.

Still on the same game, there was more joy in store for Kam Por as she later also won a gift. It was shaped cylindrically like a can. Its abalone, she declared. Her nearby friend chided her for being silly, but she replied that of course you have to say that your gift is great, even if it is possibly not. Her reply kind of stunned me, and my impression of her leveled up even more.

The final game was a dress up game. Kam Por gamely volunteered, and we dressed her up as one of Santa’s helpers. Because she radiates awesomeness plus our team of volunteers were really pro, our group won hands down even though the other teams had better materials.

In all, I could see that the elderly had tremendous fun and thank the organizers and everyone involved for making it happen.


Contributed by Chua Wenhao

No comments:

Post a Comment