- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): Late Late write up for visit on 5 Jan

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Late Late write up for visit on 5 Jan

I am supposed to write about the visit on the 5 Jan but I forgot all about it. As it happened like 2 weeks ago, I also forgot what group I was in (Hokkien or Chinese?). Sorry to those who are waiting anxiously for this particular write up.

Mr Chiu was happy to see us and we sang a few songs for him. However, we could not meet most of the requests as we do not know how to sing the songs, all oldies. We made a promise to learn the songs and sing it for him the next session. Singing songs was fast becoming the norm for Touch visits (Esp for Mr Chiu. We even made a list of what he wanted to sing!). We had to learn the oldies as this are the songs the elderly can understand. While this is good but I feel that this should not be held too often as this actually reduces the time we have for interaction with the elderly. but with Mr Chiu, this may be an exception as I feel that he actually prefers to sing, much to the delight of some volunteers who love to sing (Me included)!

Mdm Lim's sister was hospitalised when we visited her. She was initially quite happy to see us until she heard this sad news. Luckily, we were all there at that point of time so we could console here. As we had 2 groups in her home at that time, we decided to leave, leaving only some volunteers to accompany her till her relative comes to fetch her to the hospital.

The last home I visited on this visit is Mdm Tan. She did not seem her usual cheerful self this week. In the past when I visited her she always have this very big smile and seemed very happy to talk to us. This time she seemed a little awkward when we were there. Maybe it is because our group did not really engage her when we visited her.

Ok, that's all for the visit on 5 Jan. I've got to end this and start on my next write up (Pinchuan made me do the writeup for the 12 Jan visit too for forgetting to do this, sad.).

Khoon Hong
(never ever forget to do your writeup)