- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here)

Friday, November 02, 2007

Hi. Sorry for the late entry. It’s now my turn to update on last Saturday’s visit on behalf of the canto group. We visisted 3 elderlys that day : Kam Por, Mr. Paolo and Mdm Lim.

Kam Por was in great spirits, why? Must be her grandson's visit that morning. The bunch of us were settling down around Kam Po to chat when a mysterious guy appeared beside us. Kam Po told him to sit down with us, until she realised he's actually her grandson! When she realised that, she was extremely amused by her own mistake. Her grandson wanted to give her some cash, and then there was a round of pushing. You know, “Take it lah”, “No lah”, “Take it lah”, “No lah”. Although her grandson only stayed for a few minutes, he really did raise Kam Por’s spirits. She appeared to be so cheerful throughout the whole visit. And she finally said she’ll remember me the next time and not think I’m a new volunteer again. When I left I told her “Kam Por must remember me next time ar” then she was like “Ok ok.” Next visit.. i will test her XD

Then we visited Mr Paolo. I don't know how to spell his name so I made it up. Correct me, anyone? If i'm not mistaken, he's not in our list of elderlys but we visited him because of a promise. Anyway, it's to thank him for helping us out during MAF. Thanks, Mr. Paolo XD Like Kam Po, he was quite cheerful throughout the visit, although sometimes we have to speak louder to catch his attention. Jasmine helped to sweep his floor, which appeared to be clean until she brought the broom under the bed and cupboards. There was a lot of dust and dirt that was hidden in inconspicuous corners. Sounds like me when I'm forced to sweep my own room.

And then, we made our way to Mdm Lim's house. I think she can be awarded the most popular elderly. Because every week there will be at least 2 groups who visit her. We sat and chatted with her about her favourite topic: Kopi. She told us about how good she feels after drinking coffee, but because of her addiction to caffeine she doesn't consume other drinks (not even plain water o.O). And she has no appetite to eat. And she gets sleepless nights because of too much coffee. "Then cut down on your intake," we said. And she was like, "I can't. I will feel very uncomfortable." And so she continues to drink and continues to lose her appetite and sleep. Vicious cycle? = =''

Here's something I found: http://www.teeccino.com/caffeineaddiction.aspx

Do you think this could help her? Lol

- Enqi