- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here)

Sunday, November 03, 2013

For this official visit, my group and I have the privileged to visit both cheery and smiley ladies, mdm chow moi and mdm tan. Despite having old age related disability, these ladies have exhibited the most positive characters a volunteer can ask for.  Both of them have hearing difficulties, and my group need to shout at the top of our lungs to have ourselves heard. It was an unforgettable experience as it subtly exhibits the difficulties that the elderlies face. Yet, despite this their beautiful smile sand sometimes funny jokes can make our day brighter.

The visit made me come to realise the loneliness that the most elderlies felt. In this society where work and academic take precedent, families are often neglected, and cast aside. During the visit, it made me realise how in this society, elderlies has been taken for granted and forgotten. Putting myself in their shoe, I would also long for the warmth and belonging that a family or the society could give. This made me understand the fiery passion that some of our volunteers demonstrate to make this elderlies feel wanted. Hence I think at the end of the day, credits must go to all the volunteers, all the unsung heroes that not only empowered the elderlies and also to my own personal developments. Great job guys.


-Edwin

No comments:

Post a Comment