- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): My first visits

Friday, September 06, 2013

My first visits

Last Saturday was my first time joining voluntary activities in T.H.E, which I believe, was without doubt very enjoyable and exciting especially for new comers like myself. As it was the orientation day for freshmen, we had a huge turn up that morning occupying the entire lobby in front of the Touch Senior Center. After a short briefing and group allocation, we gathered in each of our own group, broke the ice before our beloved group leader Kah Suan provided us with the information of the seniors we were about to visit.
The first couple we serve was Mr. and Mrs. Tan. When we first arrived, Mrs. Tan was out, so we decided to let the guys clean the windows while the girls sit around and talk to Mr. Tan. However, Kah Suan wished to give more chance for the first-times to communicate, therefore she took over my job and asked me to join the "forum". Though such, she still couldn't help to talking, and in fact, she was always the one who could bring up interesting topics. I should learn from her. Mrs. Tan came home when we were enjoying talking with Mr. Tan. He even taught us how to breed centipedes using duck feather and plastic bags. Mr. And Mrs Tan seemed to be very happy and positive that day. Unfortunately, they have to leave at 12, so we had to end the session early.
The next place we pay our visit to was Mr. Ong's. Mr. Ong was a taxi driver he had a stroke before. Amazingly, Mr. Ong was very technologically savvy. He loved listening to radios through his phone and he enjoys old musics sang by popular stars in the last two decades. Kah Suan used her phone to send some of the old musics to Mr. Ong's and he was very glad. In addition, we also fixed the radio function of his headphone so that he won't had felt alone after we left.
I must say that I loved this activity, not only for the visiting part, but also because I have befriended many new peers in and out of my group. As happy and joyful as I was, I am now very much looking forward to tomorrow's visit.

Yushu

No comments:

Post a Comment