- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here)

Tuesday, September 10, 2013


Hi everyone! Last Saturday was my first visit to T.H.E seniors and I was grouped with Carmen, Stephanie and senior Geraldine.
First up, we visited Madam Wong! :) Madam Wong is already 86 years old this year and through our conversion, we found out that her legs will hurt when she walks for long distances and thus, she doesn’t join her friends when it comes to activities which involve a lot of walking. Despite her condition, Madam Wong’s house was very clean when we stepped in as she is actually very independent and still cleaned and mopped the floor herself when we could have done that for her. This made me feel quite guilty as I myself seldom clean my messy room as compared to her. I was also touched as although she may be old, she does not want to rely on others if she is able to do the things herself and that she genuinely just wants to chat with us students. Madam Wong also shared with us her interesting life story such as how she hide from the Japanese soldiers during the Japanese occupation days and that she is a very picky eater and only likes to eat a particular brand of biscuits haha!
Next, we visited Madam Tan. Madam Tan is actually a very cheerful and funny person. Throughout our conversation, there was quite a lot of laughter as she shared with us funny stories such as how her chickens would wander off and then come back pregnant as her families used to keep chickens back in the kampong days.  She is also very cute as she would tell her that her fake teeth look very straight and fake and how golden tooth was very common back in her days.
Overall, it was a fun and memorable experience chatting with the elderly and I have indeed learnt quite a lot of things from them. However, I felt that I could have talked more as I wasn’t very influent in my Cantonese after not speaking in this dialect for quite a long time. Certainly looking forward to the next visit! :)   
Miao Li

No comments:

Post a Comment