- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): A day in THES (8 June 2013)

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A day in THES (8 June 2013)

Today, Sheng Xian, Pin Jin and me visited Mdm Chow. We helped to mop her floor and cleaned the window grids. Shortly after Sheng Xian had to leave as she had something on. So only Pin Jin and me were left. I started the conversion by asking if she remembered me, she said she can’t. I tried to jot her memories by placing the Pom Pom (that I wore during my last last visit if any of you who saw the photos from my previous blog) on my head, she laughed at me..but still can’t remember who I am..hahah. Anyway, I soon ran out of topics to talk about..most probably because of my limited ability to converse in hokkien, so I suggested that we watched TV..hahah..yeap..so after the TV session we bade farewell to Mdm Chow and went to visit the next elderly.

The next elderly we visited was Mdm Ho. I was quite surprised coz the moment we stepped into her house, she asked us to go buy chicken rice for 3 of us. I declined her but then she insisted that she wanted to treat us. I always have this thinking that old people got money should keep it for their own use..especially since most of them ain’t working anymore..quite paiseh for her to treat us. Somehow I overheard wrongly that she wanted boneless chicken…turned out that she preferred chicken with bones and she also likes to eat cucumbers. Then hor before we eat..she told us that she couldn’t finish the chicken rice..so Pin Jin and me each took 1 to 2 spoonful of rice from her pack. Still the remaining rice was a lot for her..so she scooped almost half of her pack of chicken rice into my pack. I was like..you eat like that will full meh..then she said the half a pack of rice could last her all the way till the next morning. So after our lunch we helped her to sweep and mop her house. She also told us that she only visit the toilet once per day and settle all her small/big business..because she’s afraid of falling down and injuring herself...she told me that one of her friends just passed away like that. Life’s short and unpredictable and I always hear people saying that we should live everyday like it’s our last. But somehow, we always take life for granted and spend our time worrying and arguing about stuff you know ain’t important when you rue in ur death bed.

Every visit always presents me a brand new feeling and experience. Although most of the time our conversation topics might be repetitive, it is the bonds formed through interactions between the volunteers and elderlies that keeps people coming to THES.

Paiseh no photos..hahah.

YJ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment