- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): 8 Dec's visit to Mdm Chow Moi and Mr Tay

Monday, December 10, 2012

8 Dec's visit to Mdm Chow Moi and Mr Tay



Hi everyone! ^^

Hahas Finals is finally over and Saturday’s visit was really fun and made me happy. Visiting the elderly and looking at the smiles on their faces can really make one’s day!

I met Mr Tay for the second time and I find him a nice person whom I can learn life lessons from. When we went to his house and told him that we will be bringing him down to drink his usual Kopi+ Butter, I can sense the excitement in him. He often say that he is happy that we bring him out every Saturday to drink his Kopi. This made me touched as something simple can also make him feel contented. However, I wondered how Mr Tay spends his time on the days when we do not visit him. I was also glad that Mr Tay trusted us. When I pass him the change for his Kopi (we change his $10 to 5 $2 notes) he did not even count the number of $2 notes I passed him. The feeling of being trusted is great and I feel that I should place trust on others and treat everyone with sincerity :)

Next, I visited Mdm Chow Moi. She was very cute with her friendly smiles as usual. I had not visited her for quite a few weeks and I missed her. She was very nice and asked us to sit on the chair and switched on the fan for us the moment we entered her house. She also told us that she went to hospital for checkup and I was glad that everything was fine. However, Mdm Chow Moi said that she usually asked if all was fine but did not ask the doctor about the details for fear of being scolded. I feel that we should treat the elderly with patience and answer all their questions without being irritated. :) I discovered interesting things in her house. I was surprised when Mdm Chow Moi said she drank alcohol ()! Hahas, but it was actually tonic wine and she showed us bottles of Hua Tuo Tonic wine and drank a small cup in front of us.

I hope to continue brushing up my Hokkien so that I can communicate better and create new topics with the elderly each time I visit them. Look forward to the next visit!

-Kah Suan

No comments:

Post a Comment