- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): 13 Oct Visit:)

Sunday, October 14, 2012

13 Oct Visit:)

My group (Swee Fen, Jeremy, Chaur Ann, Kok Seng, Ee Hui) and I visited Mr Lee and Mdm Cheong yesterday:) I was quite lucky as both of the elderly that we visited could speak Chinese so I could understand what they were saying:)

We went to visit Mr Lee first and once we reached his house, he showed us all the photos that were pasted on his wall. They formed the words "触爱" which stands for TOUCH. Mr Lee took his cane and pointed to each photo, telling us who he took it with and where he took it at. It felt like he was the teacher giving us a lesson as we stood around listening to him and I could tell that he was enjoying himself:) He also asked us to take photo with him so that he could replace those photos of himself with the photos he took with us:) So each of us took an individual shot with him before we took a group shot:) Halfway through the visit, Mr Lee suddenly said that he forgot to offer us drinks and quickly took out packets of drinks from the refrigerator. We quickly told him that we weren't thirsty but Mr Lee said that he went to buy those drinks for us on friday as he knew we were coming the next day and so we accepted the drinks. However, we told him not to spend money on us again the next time. The elderly are really very nice to us, always buying drinks for us even though they don't have much money to spend on themselves. From this, we can also see how much they look forward to us visiting them every Saturday as they will even prepare for the visit beforehand.

Mr Lee also told us about all those major outings that he went to and I can tell that he looks forward to the next one as he asked us where we planned to go. His enthusiasm makes me very excited for the next major outing too!!:)

Next, we visited Mdm Cheong:) We helped her to clean up her house before we sat down to chat with her:) There wasn't much for us to do as her house is actually quite clean. Mdm Cheong had to think for a while to see what some of us can do because she said they were too many of us that day! I think it was just so funny when she said she wanted to check whether the windows were really clean after we cleaned it and she even called herself the boss!:) After chatting with her for a while, it was time for us to go.

Time really passes very quickly when I visit the seniors. I always feel very bad when we have to tell them that it was time for us to leave. Somehow, I could feel that they were also quite sad when we had to leave although they always say goodbye to us with a smile. I feel that every visit is just so short and I think that these elderly feel the same way too:(

I felt that the two seniors that I visited yesterday were really cheerful! It felt really different as compared to my previous few visits. According to the other groups, the seniors that they visited seemed quite happy as well! I'm just so glad to see the seniors being happy:) I felt very happy after yesterday's visit and I just feel that each visit just gets better and better for me:)

Joscelin:)

No comments:

Post a Comment