- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here)

Wednesday, October 03, 2012

HELLO EVERYBODY!

For the last visit, my group consisted of Woon Yong, Kah Suan, Bright, Swee Fen and myself.
We were assigned to visit Mdm Chow Moi and Mdm Cheong. Alot of people have been saying that Mdm Chow Moi was quite emotional for the past few visits but since I did not have the chance to visit her, I was wondering what caused her to be unhappy and hoping that she had cheered up this week. Indeed she seemed quite happy when she saw us. We gave her the latern and mooncake and she was staring intently when Woon Yong was drawing the CSC birthday card. When we ask her to colour the picture, she keep refusing at first, saying that she is illiterate. And she said illiterate people like her will look at a lunatic when she colour the picture. But we constantly tell her that why do you need to be literate to colour? And we told her to believe in herself when she keep saying her colouring is not nice. The picture turned out to be very nice. I feel that elderly also need constant encouragement  To tell them that they can do it and they are definitely not useless. We also sang for her=) When I ask her if she recognise me she says she does. I was glad she did because rather than being a volunteer, I hope to make her feel like we are her "friends". She may seem like a carefree elderly but I am sure she has her worries. So I try to sound her out as to why she was unhappy by asking about her health. But she said her health was ok so I didn't probe on. I apologised for not being able to visit her as often as I would like to and she told me,"Bueh yao kin. Wu eng jia lai." and gave me a smile. People are always good at consoling others but not themselves.

Next we went to visit Mdm Cheong but because she was leaving home soon she asked us to visit her next time. So we only left the mooncake and latern behind. So we went to Mdm Ho's house instead. The group there was already cleaning her house so we didn't help much. After the group has finished cleaning, we sat down and listen to Mdm Ho talk about how she acquire her multi-lingual ability last time. My group got abit too caught up talking among ourselves and thanks Chun Hai for the reminder. Elderly shoould be our priority during visits.SORRY MDM HO! We wouldn't like it when others are distracted when we are talking as well.

Sheng Xian

No comments:

Post a Comment