- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): Visit with Mdm Ho

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Visit with Mdm Ho

This is my second time visiting the elderly with T.H.E Seniors. On this second visit, my group went to visit Mdm Ho. My first impression of Mdm Ho is that she is a sprightly lady with a good sense of humour. The jokes and sarcastic comments that were shared with the senior volunteers and her brightened up the atmosphere.
 
As usual, we went about the normal cleaning duties according to Mdm Ho’s instructions. After that, the group sat down and chatted with her. She shared with us on her injured leg and having to spend more money at the hospital for future checkups and more importantly her lament on increasing prices of everything in Singapore.  Also, we had a mini Cantonese lesson where she taught us the Cantonese equivalents of various types of furniture =)

Visiting the elderly with T.H.E Seniors for the past two visits have been an interesting experience for me. Living with my grandparents, these visits also serve as a reminder to myself to take time out to listen and talk with my grandparents when I am home for all they have are the four walls the whole day.  What also struck me at Mdm Ho’s visits were the dedication that long time volunteers had. Many of them come back to visit her long after graduation to visit these elderly. I applaud these people for their dedication and am looking forward to more activities with T.H.E Seniors!

 Yu Lin (On behalf of Group 7)

No comments:

Post a Comment