- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): My orientation visit!

Thursday, September 06, 2012

My orientation visit!


Hello, Lingqun here. Actually this is my first time to join "The Seniors" and I have never taken part in such a meaningful activity before. I feel quite enjoyable and learn a lot.

My group consists of terry, jeraldine,jingying,yian,chunhai and me .Among them,YiAn ,Chunhai and Eng Soon are our seniors and lead our other four newcomers to visit Mr.Tan's home.

At the beginning, I think it must be a quite tired job and I am afraid that I cannot do very well. However, thank god, when Mr.Tan opened his door, we all are so surprised cos his home is so clean, which means we do not need to help clean. Haha~~~And he can speak Mandarin, so lucky!

So, the only thing we can do is just to chat with Mr.Tan and watch TV together. Mr.Tan is a quite friendly elderly and knows so much knowledge about politics, history, delicious food and so on.To our surprise greatly, Mr.Tan knows Sun Zhongshan unexpectedly. He told us Chinese History and discussed the relationship between Taiwan and Chinese mainland with us.
For me, as a Chinese, I was touched since he said definitely Taiwan belongs to Chinese mainland all the time.
Moreover, Mr.Tan’wife came back when we were chatting with Mr.Tan. She is also a quite kind grandma and enthusiastic to us

It is not difficult to find Mr.Tan and Mrs.Tan are enjoyable for their present living state.
By the way, I wanna say Chunhai speaks Mandarin very very very well and I admire him deeply.
Ok. This is my short summary for my first try to visit elderly and it is a thing I want to insist on in the future.
Although it is sad that most of these elderly do not have sons and daughters, I believe that they can still feel our love to them.
That’s enough.

Photobucket
My group!

- Lingqun

No comments:

Post a Comment