- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): My First Visit with T.H.E Seniors!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

My First Visit with T.H.E Seniors!

Hello everyone!
Firstly, I'm really sorry this post is coming in one week late! >< Secondly, I'm here to share abt my experience last Sat morn! (Yes, I'm a freshman! So it was Orientation Visit 1 for all of us freshmen last Sat!)
I was rather apprehensive in the morning when I was heading down to Kallang station where we were supposed to meet. This was cause I was going ALONE for my FIRST visit! Yikes! However, when I got there, I met a few other Year 1 students who came alone too! (haha so much for worrying.) We introduced ourselves and the mood quickly changed from awkwardness to friendliness. (:
When majority of the student volunteers arrived, a grp of us bused down to the place. We were met by many others who were there earlier than us. I was nicely surprised by the crowd I saw as I was kind of expecting only a small group! :/ haha anyway after splitting ourselves into 3 grps, English/Chinese, Hokkien and Cantonese, we headed to the homes of the elderly!!!
I joined the Hokkien grp despite my poor limited knowledge of Hokkien. (Actually, I'm a Teochew-nang, not a Hokkien-lang, but I can understand the dialect! just not speak it ://) Yes, haha the first home we visited belonged to a gentle and sweet-looking ahma called Mdm Tan. From the seniors, I learnt that Mdm Tan's eyesight is poor. Yet, she still welcomed all of us into her home jovially. We quickly set ourselves at work, sweeping/mopping the floor, wiping the window grills/panes, washing her fan, etc. There were 10 of us so the cleaning up of her alr very clean house was done in no time! haha the rest of the time was spent talking to her, or rather, listening to her talk! ^^ Wow she really likes to talk! She kept saying she's vey "hua1 hi4" that there're so many of us to talk to her. She shared abt herself- the no. of children and grandchildren she has... then she shared abt her past- how she had to go all around the kampong area looking for her 6 children after work everyday... THEN she shared abt her pastpast!- how her father worked so hard as a farmer to support the family... woah haha ;D
After that, we went to the home of Mdm Chow Moi! oh my she really speaks (and laugh) very loudly! But that's due to her poor hearing. We didnt clean her house. She insisted we "zeh zeh" and talk to her. Actually, we spent most of the time laughing with her and at her cuteness! :D I was indeed very delighted at the sight of her, even at the age of 90, laughing so heartily.
All in all, I'm glad to have plucked up the courage and joined T.H.E Seniors last Saturday morn visiting the homes of these two elderly ladies! haha yay! I've come to the end of my rather loooong post! Thank you all and I'm looking forward to my next visit! ^^
Regards,
Carina!

No comments:

Post a Comment