- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): Ethelonter External Hunt

Monday, July 04, 2011

Ethelonter External Hunt


Hi ya peepur :) It has been months I never blog. That is berry bad. *guilty* I miss eberione, especially the elderly badly. Again my bad, sorry peeps :(

On 29th June, Ethelonter VIII had our external hunt! Mii and my fellow lovuli YAMATO councillors and freshies had visited Mdm Chua. Awww, TOUCH center has almost done with the renovations and its now much spacious! With TVss, Karaoke equipment etc. *bounce bounce ball* I feel so so happy for the elderly and they keep praising how TOUCH does a great job in taking care of their welfare :)

Na ge uncle, whom I can’t remember his surname jio me for karaoke some more nyehehehehehe. Saw aunties for eg Mdm Cheong and the super cute auntie who brought along goggles when we went to ECP the other day. :D Mdm Cheong told me 'gam loi mou lei tam o ga' in Cantonese (means you never come and visit me for so long ady), I told her I have to work, and she even asked me to take good care of myself. That's berry sweeeet of her :')

Let’s move on to the visit at Mdm Chua's home. She happily greeted us when she opened the door. She was surprised to see so many of us, freshies and me and my MKC and yian and darren, make up a total of 14 persons. As usual, she insisted us to sit on the chair or sofa, if dun mind can sit on her bed. She does not allow us to sit on the floor.

My aweeeeeesome freshies are great in chatting with her. :D They asked her about her life, her previous jobs, her children and her grandchildren. While sharing with us her life before believing in God, she suddenly burst into tears. I guessed most of us were shocked. Our soon-to-be volunteers did a great job comforted her. She told us that she was too touched and happy to see so many of us visiting her and chat with her. She said that, she is so blessed that in her golden age, there are still people who are willing to listen to her, help her with her house chores and do not turn her cold shoulder when she needs help.

We chatted for almost an hour! Although some of the freshies cannot really speak or understand neither Cantonese nor hokkien, they tried their best to translate what she said to each other, and peepur, that's berry heartwarming. *clap clap* I wanna tell you guys and girls that, you all have really brighten up her day, and she really appreciate it a lot. I am certain our freshies have gained a great experience as well :) right?

We greeted Mdm Chua goodbye by cheering our 'good good cheer' while surrounding her. She was really really happy and she thought it is someone's birthday! Hahahahahaha. Compliments given to our girl freshies who suggested this, and also everyone, who tried their very best to understand her. And you see, just a simple act of yours- to care, can really carve smiles on the elderly face. :)

Thanks Darren and Yian who have made good explanation to us too!! :D Hope to see more people join T.H.E seniors!!


Love,

WanJun

No comments:

Post a Comment