- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here)

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hi ppl.. =)

Before going further into the post, I think I need to start with a self intro before arousing qns marks over readers' head. I'm Wendy, a new volunteer but not from NUS and a friend of Margaret.

Pardon if my post is too boring as the posts u guys blogged is too interesting so I'm stressed. Haha.

This is the first time I did volunteer work and I was half unclear how this volunteer outing works. The day started with me tagging along in the Eng-Chi group and we make visits to Mr Tan and Mdm Ho's place.

Stepping in to Mr Tan's place, my first thought was he speaks English well so there's no problem communicating except that he may be hard at hearing at times. He was easy going, we did only simple chores such as cleaning and sweeping. However, we realised his fan is going at such a slow speed during a hot weather so we decided to take it out and clean as well as trying to fix it. Though I know we are trying to be smart only. Haha. So obviously we failed to repair it. =( We can only keep reminding him to open the windows more so that he feel cooler before we leave his house.

Visit to Mdm Ho's place was interesting. The first impression she gave me was fierce. Haha. After we done with the things she want us to help in, I see another side of her. She is so "hao ke" (chi)!! Treating everyone so nicely, taking all the cny goodies out for us to eat. After some time, the rest of you join us and I FOUND OUT A RUMOUR about my friend. Haha. *sry margaret* Though is only a short interaction with you guys, but witnessing the humour and laughter u all shared, that makes a wonderful experience for me. Nice experience with friendly elderly, warm experience with you guys, GREAT DAY!

Shall see u guys soon. All the best for studies. =)

-Wendy-

No comments:

Post a Comment