- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): Virgin Entry

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Virgin Entry

This is my second visit with Touch Seniors.

I guess being in the Canto group really makes me feel appreciative that I am a Cantonese and I’m glad it helps me a lot during the visit. The day started with the few of us traveling to Block 62, 11th floor to Madam Choi Moi’s home where it was actually my second visit there. I always remember Madam Choi Moi as a humble lady who has a lot of laughter on her face, she giggle like a child every now and then. But sometimes, when you actually take notice of her, you would begin to feel the vulnerability she held towards her hearing which she felt that she is deaf but interestingly, most of the time she could respond to our question. She really has a booming voice and sometimes I wonder what’s the secret behind that voice.

The second visit was at Madam Tham Po (Ok, I’m not so sure how to spell her name) who lives on Block 61, 6th floor. The moment we stepped into her flat, we were overwhelmed by the sticky floor which we knew needed some serious mopping (Woo hoo! My first experience with house-cleaning). She talks a lot about her leg problem which created much inconvenience with her movement. She gives me the feeling that she wanted to go to many places but she just couldn’t. She told us that she fell down in her home recently, and in the process she banged her hand against one of the wall, leading to a serious blue-black on one of the finger. I’m not exactly sure how rubbing her finger with saliva (which she claimed is therapeutic) could help much, but I’m rather concerned about it. Hopefully we can make a trip down the next visit to see how she is doing so far.

Some of us have grandparents, but many times I believed we are all so caught up with life and work we barely take the time to truly know each other. I always feel the need to never take things for granted, at the end of the day we should take some time to reflect what is really precious to us, and put some sincere effort to saying “Thank you” or “How are you doing?” Life is simply not just only about ourselves and how we feel.

I will always remember the smile behind the frail faces of Madamn Choi Moi and Madamn Tham Po which are filled with so much words unspoken.

James

No comments:

Post a Comment