- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): My first time (bogging)

Monday, September 14, 2009

My first time (bogging)

Hi, never thought I will end up bogging but it end up I have to give my first time (bogging) to TOUCH visit. Haha, forgive me if it sound weird

Since this is not my first time visiting so it is ok for me now but seriously, until now I still dun seem to remember all the names of the people around there. Ok, let me start by saying the feeling when I first visited. I have never taken a interest in community work b4 so at that time, this was just another boring event to me recommend by my friends but after the whole thing is finish, I was feeling great but sleepy (not used to sleep early so sleep at 4 the night b4).

Let me continue with the first elderly we visited, when we go there, she warmly invited us into the house and we started to do the chores shortly after that. I was assign to clean the window and seriously, it is the second time I clean a window (not in NS because I always act busy so window is out of my job scope, wahaha) so I would tend to take a longer time compare to those with experience. by the time, I am done with the window, I saw they were fixing back the fan so I just try to offer my help also but the end, the fan dun "behave" so instead of 1 whole fan, we return it in 2 separate parts (1 is the fan itself, another is the blade arm). We even ask other people for help but I not really sure what goes on after that because by that time, I am in the next house le.

Next, when we reach there, the finally location where food will be provided but first, some chores need to be done. She is a fun-loving lady and even joke with us. I even got 2 nicknames, fat guy (in hokkien) and Mr. goat (because my surname is yang, in Chinese, it refer to goat) but I am ok with the nickname because since it is able to bring laughter to the elderly so why not just laugh it out and dun take it too hard. Oh talking about that, I think I should continue to the food le, there are chicken wings and fried noodles, they were good and healthy (chicken without the skin) and I even eat 2 chicken wings. At first, I try to eat the chicken wing with fork and spoon but end up, it is just me thinking too much and finally, I just eat the chicken wing the way I eat at home (by hand).

Overall, I really enjoy my times there, kaisheng aka KS. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment