- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here)

Friday, November 16, 2007

I come from Hong Kong and my mother tongue language is Cantonese. It makes me feel like going back home when I join the Canto group and talk with the elderly as the same way when I was in Hong Kong. Haha =)

This week we spent lots of time talking with 金婆. There were more sad stories coming from her. No doubt, she was born at the wrong time. As she said, it does really matter for an 18 years old girl and 8 years old kid in facing the challenging situations during the war period. Even after the war, everything was still in a mess but you had no choice but shared the burden of the family. I believed she was facing an extremely hard time during this period, especially after her husband died and she needed to bring up three children on her own. Now I think it is time for her to enjoy the life but she gets some problems in her legs. Maybe next time we may also sing a few Chinese songs to her and drive away her sadness…..

At the end, we had a great time in celebrating birthday to Janicia, Jiancong and Yue Xuan, and it was grateful that we always had the last song in the Hokkien group too!!! It was always a good time joining with TOUCH and I really appreciate the students here and you all voluntarily and well organize the visit to the elderly…..I believe we also have many elderly need to be cared but we only have a few students to get involve in HK…..

Wing Lok